Monday, September 24, 2007

More Information

Please excuse me for my rudeness. It would seem that in my anxiety over launching my first blog, I failed to introduce myself.

My name is Caroline. I have always had the sneaking suspicion that I was names after Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline", though my parents tell me they just "really liked the name".
I completed my undergrad at York University in English Literature (my interests being CanLit, PoMo and PoCo), but after graduation I worked for the Elizabeth Fry Society as a Residential Youth Counsellor (I am also interested in Human Services).

My interest in Information Studies began in 2005 when I met a woman named Vjollce (Albanian for "Violet"), who told wonderfully romantic stories of smuggling out restricted literature while she worked in the National Library during the totalitarian government of Enver Hoxha. Listening to her experiences, and reflecting on the current post911 climate surrounding information -think Orwell's 1984 - I was inspired to do more research. A little more than two years later I arrived at the Faculty of Information Studies at the University of Toronto.

What I exactly want to do with a MISt has yet to be revealed to me.

No comments: